Let’s make a tricolour kite!
You will need: Kite papers (orange, white and green), thread, broomsticks, scale, glue, scissors and pencil.
1. Fold the white kite paper in half. Draw a triangle on it as shown. Cut it and open it out.
2. Divide the cutout into three equal parts as shown.
3. Cut a triangle from the orange kite paper of the same size as the one on the white paper and stick over it.
4. Similarly, cut a triangle from the green kite paper and stick it over the triangle at the bottom.
5. Your kite will now look like the Indian flag, but without the chakra in the center.
6. Turn your kite over and glue a broomstick across the center as shown. Cut the broomstick to fit the length of the kite.
7. Slightly bend the second broomstick as shown.
8. Glue it horizontally across the kite as shown.
9. Make thin strips from orange, white and green kite papers.
10. Bunch the strips together and glue them to both sides of the kite.
11. Glue a thread to the bottom tip of the kite.
12. Cut out bow-shaped bits from orange, white and green kite papers.
13. Glue them along the thread in the order of the tricolour.
14. To fly the kite, tie one end of a spool of thread to the joints of the kite’s frame.
Your kite is now ready to fly!
Make your own Champak bookmark and send us photos at email@example.com